Skip to main content
This section is included in your selections.

Properly licensed persons by another jurisdiction, Tribal Court Judges, and ordained or properly authorized clergy of an established religion shall have the authority to solemnize a marriage and execute a marriage license issued by the Tribal Court or another jurisdiction. The executed marriage license shall be filed with the Tribal Court Clerk within thirty (30) days of the marriage ceremony.

(a) Tribal License to Perform Marriage Ceremonies.

(1) Any person of good character who is an enrolled member of the Aleut Community of St. Paul Island may apply to the Tribal Government of St. Paul Island through the Tribal Court Clerk for a license to perform ceremonies to solemnize a marriage. A Tribal Court Judge or President of the Tribal Council may, upon review of the party’s application, issue a tribal license to perform marriage ceremonies and execute marriage licenses. The Tribal Court Clerk shall maintain a register of licensed persons to perform marriage ceremonies. [2008 Code § 6.5.4]